Sunday, November 9, 2008

Everything but the smell of sulphur

It's been a rough few days. Today was really bad.

I woke up at 3 am in pain, took a pain pill and went back to bed, woke up at 8:20 am, then fell asleep in the recliner again for another 90 minutes. I woke up and made myself get up and moving. And I went outside and did a few light, slow things...raked, slowly, some leaves for my husband to put into the compost bin (very few leaves)...I walked about 50 ft up the hill directly behind our house and I thought I was gonna die before I got back.

In the house, I took a pain med and laid down and slept another two hours. But before I did that, I finally came up with a description for what it feels like when I'm really bad. I told my husband that my whole body feels like I was hit by lightning 30 minutes ago. Ends of fingers buzzing; burning electrical sensation throughout all of my body. It drains me of absolutely everything, and that is why I slept so well for 2 hours in the middle of the day.

Right now, it seems too much to type. I am only doing so because I don't want to lose the thought of how to describe the neuro feeling I get every day.

No comments: