Friday, November 13, 2009

just a quick note

I know I should write more. I will soon, I hope.

I was gone for a week, we drove south to visit our son. I wasn't able to see any of my old friends down there, a few of whom read this blog. We were only there 3 days and I felt my strength wan and decrease as each hour went on. I had to ask that we go home sooner than I'd planned, just because of this. I didn't want my son to see me in really bad shape. So, we left early and I was so glad to get home. I spent all day today in bed in a lot of pain. It is so hard to describe how this affects every cell in my body. I can only lie in bed and pray for sleep. I feel better tonight, though, so will go to bed soon with prayers that tomorrow will be better.

I wanted to post about Lyrica. I am going to go off of it. I only got up to the "starting dosage" of 150 mg, but I started to experience some real problems in thinking. Perhaps the Lyrica, mixed with the Cymbalta I take plus the oxycodone, all add up together to give me problems with thinking...or maybe it shouldn't be given to someone with a brain injury. Whatever the situation, I'm going to wean myself off of it. I had a few times when I was awake and struggling with comprehension of where I was in the world. I don't need that!

I hope to post more soon, I have a lot I want to record and share. I am just praying for strength enough to do it. You've probably noticed that I sometimes post a lot. Those are the times I feel pretty good, and want to catch up with lots of thoughts.

Next Wednesday, I'll be in Portland, OR to see the new neurosurgeon at OHSU. I'm trying hard not to allow myself any expectations. But....those "hopes" still come!

thanks for reading!

No comments: