Monday, September 22, 2008

cowboy wisdom

My husband also deals with a lot of pain. It seems so odd to me that we have ended up with a lot of the same symptoms, the same weaknesses. There are pains that he has that I do not (his toe where the surgery he had in May seems to have been unsuccessful) and vice versa (my skull base where I broke my C1 and my skull broke loose from my spine), but it's amazing none the less. He is 11 years older than I am. It is just odd that we ended up somewhat close to the same debilitation.

I mentioned this to my cowboy husband yesterday over lunch. We've been married 35 years this year and we worked most of those years, up until the last year and a half, together on western ranches.

"Isn't it strange that we both have a lot of the same pain and debilitation, and you are 11 years older than I am?" I asked.

He answered, "Same lifestyle."

Seemed profound to me at the time.

No comments: