Sunday, April 19, 2009

A week from tonight

...I'll be in New York. It'll be another Sunday night and I'll be expectedly exhausted from my trip.

What a long trip it is to get to my neurosurgeon. I leave my house at 3 am to get to the Regional Airport and then fly a commuter flight to Seattle...then get onto a plane that will stop in Minneapolis and then fly into LaGuardia at 7 pm eastern. My dear sister will be waiting for me (again) when I arrive.

I haven't posted in the last week because I just don't feel well at the computer. Tonight, I sat down and within ten minutes, I felt the familiar flush feeling over my scalp and neck, sweaty and weak and brain is scattered and fingers typing seems like it takes more effort than I have.

So, this is short. I've been getting things organized for the trip, typing up phone numbers and lists and schedules...I still have to type up my questions for Dr. B when I see him Monday night (27th)...I have to round up some photos that I want to take with me so I can "see" my beloveds: my husband and our son.

Forms arrived in the mail on Friday for me to sign and fill out. This is for the nerve monitoring done during surgery so that they know if they are touching a nerve that could cause damage and paralysis. I've seen it done on Discovery Health and it's a wonderful thing.

I've been trying to do a few small things, like putting Miracle Grow on plants, bushes and flowers in my garden, because I know I will be done with these things for this summer by the time I come home. And still trying to finish the simple drip line I've started...I put in 9 emitters (drippers) last night and it caused me so much pain, all over flushing, but I figure I'll get over that, and if I get this done, it will help me to keep some plants going during the upcoming hot summer.

I want to thank the group of people who sent me a love offering last week! I was so surprised and so blessed. It turns out God showed me right where that money was supposed to be used: work comp will not pay the entire hotel bill, I've learned. Not for the hotel I want that is near the hospital. So, this helps me so much and I thank you all for your generosity your displayed through your love of our Lord and Savior.

I'm feeling really good about things, but also have this strong emotion in the background that something HUGE is looming. Looming is the perfect word. It's like I have this big river to swim across, I know it's out there and I know I have to do it and I don't know what will happen while I'm trying...but I KNOW that it's coming.

Other than this, I feel positive. And full of faith.

Thanks to you all for your prayers and support. I'll try to be better about blogging once I get back, I hope I'll have lots of wacky halo stories!

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

Thank you forr this