Sunday, May 18, 2008

Thinking of expanding the family


Lately, we have been considering getting another dog. No, not to replace the one we have (Quincy) but to give him a companion. Quincy is getting fat since I'm unable to walk him across the road anymore. And life seems to short for him to be sleeping on the guest bed for the most part of each day.


I looked up on the internet at our local rescue place (30 miles away) and found "Speckles." My California friends will appreciate that I keep referring to this dog as "Spreckles!" Here he is above.
He's two years old and they say he is small and think he is a Cocker Spaniel/Terrier mix. Now, isn't he a cutie? I think he'd make such a nice fellow for Quincy to play with. We have such a neat place for two little dogs, with our 3 acres all fenced with chainlink.


I wrote to the rescue because the adoption fee is $150. We can't spend that on a dog. So, I told the man our story and wondered if there is any way they could reduce the price to someone disabled? The answer was, "usually, no, but I will ask my boss on Tuesday."


I'm giving it to the Lord, if Speckles is supposed to come join us here then He will make it happen. If not, then it's not the right time or the right dog.


I'll keep you posted!




No comments: