Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Diagnoses

Up until I fell from the horse in April, 2004, the only diagnosis I had was osteoporosis. I had never had a surgery except a tonsillectomy when I was 8 years old. I was strong and healthy as the proverbial...well...horse.

Since then, these are my diagnoses:

Osteoporosis
Jefferson Fracture (4 place frx of the C1) resulting in
Craniocervical Instability
Tethered Spinal cord
My skull has rotated backward and come to rest on the posterior of my C1, where there should
be the width of a pinky finger separating the two. I guess there is no name for this.
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Post Concussion Syndrome
Mild Traumatic Brain Injury
Monoclonal Gammopathy, a pre-condition to multiple myeloma
Mild carpal tunnel in the right wrist
Glossopharyngeal nerve damage
Mild mitral valve prolapse/stenosis

No comments: